This is cool: my buddy John Koch-Northrup, who runs the Relaxed Machinery music label and artistic community, just posted an “instant interview” of 10 questions. I always have fun with this sort of thing (see my “Credo” post, which came about in a similar way), so I thought it would serve as a handy quick update for anyone who’s cruising by. More soon!
1. What is your main project right now?
New album: Souls Adrift, in Disrepair. Postproduction almost finished, waiting for the artwork to be emailed so I can process that. “Story of the album” blog coming soon…
2. Do you have additional projects in the works as well?
Eight of them. And that’s only counting the projects for which composition and recording have begun.
3. What motivated any of these projects? Influence? Inspiration?
The usual: Life the Universe and Everything.
4. What do you hope to achieve?
Ultimately, a symphonic ambient fusion of my favorite musical genres, in Just Intonation. It’s years away…
5. How do you release your work?
On CD, on my own label (and hopefully others), and by download.
6. Desert Island Items?
16-track mixer, another Roland Loop Station, upright electric bass (just thought of that today!). Of course, if I get that, my wife might just send me to a damn desert island…
7. If you could tell your young self something about your creative career you’ve learned – what would it be?
Stop dabbling and get serious!
8. How do you hope your works will be remembered?
To recycle that phrase I cooked up recently: as ritual, soul-shaking, deepcore magic.
9. If you could have only one ‘tool’ what would it be?
Electric guitar through a computer full of FX.
10. Who do you hope will answer these questions in the community?
Max Corbacho. But I’m not going to bug him…